3 Days to #Day1000 Another #ChibokGirl Found!
Today we have a bit of good news.
Another one of the more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamist Boko Haram insurgents in April 2014 has been rescued near Sambisa Forest, a government source told a correspondent of SaharaReporters. Our sources disclosed that a girl named Rakiya Abubakar was found with her baby by Nigerian troops of the 27 Brigade around Alagarno area near Ajigin in Domboa Local Government area. Rakiya will be the 29th of the more than 200 girls to be rescued from Boko Haram fighters.
Another one of the more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamist Boko Haram insurgents in April 2014 has been rescued near Sambisa Forest, a government source told a correspondent of SaharaReporters.
Our sources disclosed that a girl named Rakiya Abubakar was found with her baby by Nigerian troops of the 27 Brigade around Alagarno area near Ajigin in Domboa Local Government area.
Rakiya will be the 25th of the more than 200 girls to be rescued from Boko Haram fighters.
This means 25 of our #Chibok Girls were rescued from Boko Haram, We add these young women to the 57 who previously escaped from Boko Haram captivity, making 82
We hope this news is confirmed as true and warrants us taking one more young woman out of the 196 in captivity, leaving 195 that we are praying and hoping are rescued.
See you at 4pm on Sunday, January 8, 2017 at The House of The Lord Church. Here below is the Draft Program
#DAY1000 IS ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 8, 2017.
REV. DR. HERBERT DAUGHTRY, NATIONAL MINISTER, and DR. KAREN S. DAUGHTRY, PASTOR,
THE HOUSE OF THE LORD CHURCH, BROOKLYN
IN A COMMEMORATION OF #DAY1000 OF OUR CHIBOK GIRLS' CAPTIVITY
THE HOUSE OF THE LORD CHURCH, BROOKLYN, AN ACTIVIST CHURCH WITH A HISTORY OF COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUALITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE.
Let's come together to call for Our #ChibokGirls rescue and their reunification with their families
We are saddened that 196 #ChibokGirls and thousands of Nigerian women and girls are still in Boko Haram captivity. As we hope for the rescue of these 196 and thousands of Nigerian women and girlsstill in Boko Haram captivity, #BringBackOurGirlsNYC rejoices that 57 of our girls were able to escape from the brutal insurgent group. We are grateful that an additional 21 girls were released in October, and celebrated Christmas with their families in Chibok.
People of conscience must stand up to be counted We must keep demanding that our #ChibokGirls and all other Nigerians abducted by Boko Haram are rescued and reunited with their families.
Please stand with us. We invite you to join us in this prayer vigil for the rescue of our 195 #ChibokGirls and the thousands of girls and women still in Boko Haram captivity.
Do invite people in your networks to join us.
Please wear something RED
2. Words of Welcome and Encouragement Dr. Karen S. Daughtry, Pastor, The House of the Lord Church, Brooklyn
2. Dr. Candice Rowser: Our Chibok Girls (Powerpoint presentation)
3. Dr. Natalia Kanem
Deputy Executive Director (Programme) and
United Nations Population Fund - UNFPA
4. Ms. Letitia James
Public Advocate for the City of New York
Call for our Chibok Girls rescue. Speak out against Gender Based Violence against women in conflict and post-conflict situations, and in support of Girls Education.
5. Oluwaseyi Awoyomi of Shayee Arts Culture and Tours Inc--Music (Mashup up of the "Bring back our girls" song by 1. Stephanie Ferrett, 2. Stephen A. Taylor. + Drum)
6. Imam Talib's representative: Prayer for our Chibok Girls' rescue
7. Prayer for our Chibok Girls' rescue: Rev. Dr. Herbert Daughtry, National Minister, The House of the Lord Church.
8. The Anointed Voices, Choir of The House of The Lord Church
9. Assemblymember Rodneyse Bichotte, (D-NY) 42nd Assembly District -- A Call to #BringBackOurGirls at the NYS Assembly: Resolution K1447, Condemning Boko Haram for its violent attacks, particularly the indiscriminate targeting of civilians, especially women and girls
10. Mojúbàolú Olufúnké Okome--#
BringBackOurGirlsNowAndAlive: The 1000 Day struggle to rescue our girls
11. Oluwaseyi Awoyomi of Shayee Arts Culture and Tours Inc--Music + Drum (African praise Medley with congregation singing along
a. Tuna Tunananana
b. Tambira Jehovah
c. My God is a good Godd. Who has the final say?)