Call your Congressional reps & strongly urge them to ask President Buhari to #BringBackOurGirls
President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) of Nigeria is visiting the US from July 20-23. The primary purpose of the visit is a meeting with President Barack Obama. PMB will also meet with the Secretary of state as well as with "the United States Senate and Congressional Committees on Foreign Relations, as well as the Black Caucus of the United States House of Representatives." Nigerian priorities as expressed by the President include security, economic development and fighting corruption.
#BringBackOurGirls' primary priority is the rescue of our Chibok girls and all abducted Nigerians. This goal will only be meaningful if the Nigerian government can guarantee of the human and personal security of all Nigerians. Thus, ending the Boko Haram insurgency and the brutal attacks on Nigerian citizens by armed militias and bandits must also be prioritized.
I urge all US citizens to call upon your congressional representatives and ask for the following to be prioritized in their discussions:
1. The rescue of our Chibok girls and all abducted Nigerians,
2. Their reunification with their families,
3. The provision of institutionalized long term psychosocial assistance to all those rescued,
4. Implementation of the framework drawn up by the Kibaku Area Development Association (KADA), inclusive of ensuring the security and rehabilitation in the Northeast and other regions devastated by Boko Haram, and the establishment of safe and secure schools,
5. Comprehensive overhaul of Nigeria's emergency management agencies to deliver effective and efficient services in a humane manner to IDPs, inclusive of documentation of all IDPs, education and social welfare services
6. Addressing the needs of Nigerian refugees in neighboring countries through government's institutionalized framework
7. Ending Boko Haram's reign of terror.
Read more about the visit: US visit: Security, economy my top priorities – Buhari
Also, did you know that President Muhammadu Buhari would be at the US Institutes of Peace () in Washington, DC. on Wednesday, July 22? Did you know you can also ask him questions? If you'd like to go, RSVP to here
Thank you very much.